Wednesday, November 17, 2010

dinner ( tuesday night )

Slow Cooker Pot Roast!
I went shopping for all of this post my drunken pie experience, so yes, I forgot carrots, but did get sugar free popsickles.... priorities

Peel the small onions, or quarter the lager ones if you cant find small ones, add them and the missing carrots to the bottom of the slow cooker, add the meat on top, pepper only, no salt, because I added a pkg of onion soup mix with 1 cup of water.You will be surprised at how much liquid you end up with. Canned potatoes ( always in pot roast!! ) and mushrooms. Lid on, cook for  for like 7 hours.

Neil loved it, I did not , really at all, it was too greasy and stringy. I had never done this before, normally I do my pot roasts in an old fashion oven bag, and only cook for two/three hours, the meat stays a little more together and to me , just  had more flavor.

3 comments:

jane said...

Really, really, Kyle. Canned potatoes? I woke up tonight, and I am convinced that your canned potatoes are what did it for me. I will always be your dancing qween, but in the kitchen, we have some issues.

Kyle said...

I will put my NORMAL oven cooked- can potato laden- pot roast up against your pot roast, any time, any place.. bring it, food snob!

b said...

I have questioned the canned potatoes before. I mean, why would anybody put potatoes in a can? They last forever in a bag.

But I'm willing to believe they are better for some odd reason. Maybe they're soaked in salt or something.

At any rate, you two are the very best cooks I know, so I am sure you're both right.