Saturday, November 6, 2010

dinner

Geaux Tigers Gumbo, for a bunch of folks.

I was pretty sure that our game against the powerhouse Idaho State would NOT be on the tv, but Mert pulled it up on the computer using her magic powers. The final score was like 400 - 7 , had I been there , I think I could have played one or two plays....
This is just the start of my gumbo, I took the roux pretty darn carmelie for impatient Kyle. The trinity plus a little bit of carrot, lots of garlic. Smoked sausage, skinless boneless chicken thighs, and shrimp.


Just your basic white rice.

with fresh tomatoes and parsley and crunchy 
French bread.

LSU WON.

2 comments:

jane said...

Get that damn roux to a dark/milk chocolate color. You know how I am about this. I think you do it to annoy me. The roux is the soul of a good gumbo. I can tell by the color you were too impatient. And I thought I was Elizabeth Taylor in front of a microwave.

Kyle said...

it was very carmel colored, it went on for almost another half hour....